The RAL Blog has been on hiatus since last Fall & we are excited to announce, “We’re Back!” Last year we used the blog to introduce readers to the Outdoor Show artists. Our new blog format will include:
1) An interesting & informative blog post every Tuesday – covering a wide variety of topics, AND
2) “Foto Friday” – where we will celebrate something creative via a photograph.
We invite YOU to participate in our blog. Here are some ideas for how to get involved:
1) Share your feedback in the comments area of each post.
2) Suggest ideas for posts.
3) Submit YOUR photos of artwork or other inspiration for consideration in our “Foto Friday” posts. (Details on photo submissions coming soon, so stay tuned!)
4) Volunteer to write a guest blog post. Or volunteer to be interviewed for the blog. Examples of guest posts might include writing about a particular art technique, tips for creative individuals, etc.
To get started on our new blogging adventure, here’s a bit of what’s been happening at the RAL in 2014:
We kicked off the new year by recognizing and celebrating young and aspiring artists of all ages in our Hot Off the Press and Young At Art exhibitions. The Young At Art exhibition will be up through March 23rd, so don’t miss your chance to see the impressive creativity of young people from our communities. Below you will find a sampling of the Young At Art and Hot Off the Press exhibitions (click on each image for more info):
2014 has also included the exciting expansion to our Annex on Rehoboth Avenue at the historic McQuay’s Market. This perfect location offers another opportunity to celebrate member art, plus host fun & inventive activities for creative souls of all ages, including a community art project – starting soon! Below are a few photos from the Annex.
And don’t forget to check out the WIDE VARIETY of RAL’s educational opportunities. From the ever-popular Canvas & Corks to classes covering the creative spectrum! In an effort to help our Member Artists succeed as creative entrepreneurs, our professional development offerings include a lecture series, professional protocol at shows for artists, social media tips, applying for grants, and much more. Plus there are great opportunities for the kiddos such as Cupcakes & Canvas, and exciting Summer Camps! Visit the Education Section of our Web site for details.
Our new Web site is almost ready to GO LIVE! We can’t wait to share our new look with you. So stay tuned for lots of great new energy in 2014 with the RAL!
We hope you will share this blog with all of your creative cohorts and we encourage everyone to sign up and receive posts in your inbox (you can find the sign-up box in the upper right-hand margin of this page). We also invite you to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. Find the links to each in the right-hand margin of this page. See you there!